This recipe by Maestro Antonio Cosentino is one of the most loved dishes by our guests since 1990.
Ingredients for 4 people:
– 1 kg of red squids
– 300 gr. of white zucchini
– 200 gr. of potatoes
– extra virgin olive oil
– 200 gr. of pendulum tomatoes
– basil leaves and 1 clove of fresh garlic
– salt and chili pepper to taste
– zucchini flowers
1. Clean squids and put them in the fridge.
2. Cut zucchini in thin slices and fry them in extra virgin olive oil, with some basil leaves.
3. Fry the diced tentacles in oil and chilli pepper in a non-stick pan and let them cool.
4. Combine zucchini and tentacles, stir them (with your hands). Stuff the squid and close with a toothpick.
5. In a saucepan brown the poached garlic and oil with the parsley leaves, then add a ladle of hot water. Add the diced tomatoes with the squid and ½ ladle of hot water, cook for 20 minutes.
6. Serve the sliced squid with the sauce and the match-cut French fries, garnish with the zucchini flowers.